For the labneh:
250 g plain greek yoghurt
10 g sweetner
¼ tsp vanilla essence
For the compote
Juice of ½ an orange (or 60ml orange juice)
2 tsp honey
1-2 cinnamon sticks
60ml mashed papaya
½ tsp vanilla essence
For the flapjacks:
100 g macadamia flour
10 ml rum
2 tsp syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp Salt
2 tbsp canola oil (frying)
Papaya Labneh (prepare day before)
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Pour into a strainer that is lined with a muslin/cheese cloth and set this over a bowl that will catch the water.
- Refridgerate to strain, for 8 hours or overnight
- Once strained, mix 1tbs labneh to 1 tsp compote.
- Pour orange juices, honey , vanilla essence & cinnamon sticks into a pan. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook for 15 min or until it becomes thick and syrupy – stir every few minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks & add mashed papaya. Simmer gently for about 5 – 10 min, until the papaya has softened and broken down.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the the ingredients, except the oil.
- Place a pan with the canola oil on low heat.
- Fry spoonfuls of flapjack batter in canola oil. Turn when golden brown. To Serve: Place 1 flapjack in the centre of your plate. Spread 1 tsp of papaya labneh (that has been mixed with the compote) over the flapjack. Add another flapjacks on top and another layer of labneh. Repeat until you have created the desired stack. To finish it off, add a heaped teaspoon of labned on top,a generous helping of the compote, and sprinkle with crushed macadamia nuts. Serve with a few papaya balls.