“This delicious dish can be served as a Starter or Main. The Papaya is a great accompaniment for the curry as it loves strong flavours.” – Jeanette Ras
- Olive Oil Blend or Sunflower
- Oil for frying
- 500 g Chicken Livers
- Salt & Pepper
- 60 ml Water
- 30 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 ml Chopped Onion
- 20 ml Mild Curry Powder
- 10 ml Turmeric
- 10 ml Garam Masala
- 50 ml Tomato Paste
- 250 ml Papaya Puree (Papaya chunks blended with a little water)
- 100 ml Sour Cream
- Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Bread or Rice for serving
- Extra slices of ripe Papaya rolled up and served on the side (optional)
Season the Chicken Livers with Salt & Pepper.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the Chicken Livers until brown. Set aside.
Deglaze the pan with the Water and pour over the Chicken Livers.
Heat Olive Oil and fry the Onion until almost soft.
Add the Spices, Tomato Paste and the Papaya Puree.
Mix in the Sour Cream and bring the Sauce to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the Chicken Livers back to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until the livers are cooked through.
Garnish with chopped fresh Coriander or Cilantro.
Serve with bread, or rice and slices of ripe Papaya rolled up, on the side.