Marinade for Chicken breasts:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg papaya, halved, peeled, deseeded, diced
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- Handful of coriander
- 1/2 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Wellingtons
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
First prepare the marinade for the chicken a day before.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place chicken breasts into a ziplock bag and pour marinade into the bag.
Marinade in the fridge overnight.
To make the salad:
Combine papaya, green onions, coriander, mint and chillies in a large bowl.
Whisk together lemon juice, Wellingtons Sweet Chilli Sauce and fish sauce in a small bowl until combined.
Add to the papaya mixture and gently toss until well combined.
Let it sit for about 15 minutes (while the chicken cooks and cool down) so that the flavours can develop.
Grill the chicken breasts.
Once chicken is grilled and cool, cut into cubes and mix into the salad.